Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Our Album cover

Final Album Cover:
Front Cover:

Insert:


Back:


Larger, more helpful images can be found
here http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq148/group2d/front.jpg
and here http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq148/group2d/back.jpg
I put together the front cover, which i made from images that the other members of the group had edited; having changed brightness and contrast etc. Angela found the font, called "HookedUp" on the interweb. James made the insert, and i put the two of them onto the same PSP file. I used Paint Shop Pro for the entire thinng.
I am particularly proud with the back cover. Taking a picture of the blank background was a good idea. James and I came up with the names of the tracks, making them sound proud and pretentious, for example "The End (Part 1)" is track 3. I made the SP and MX logos quickly on PSP, I thought that the SP logo had to have the signature font of the band. The Barcode came from google, and the serial number "MXR90234 / 0289384-2" although being made up, is in the same form as real serial numbers. I looked at a number of albums, most notably "Steal This Album" by System of a Down as templates for the conventions, like barcode, and serial number. I hope i got it as accurate as possible when i made the cover.

xx

No comments: